Sunday, March 15, 2015

Welcome!

I am glad you found your way to Catholics Returning Home at Mary, Mother of the Redeemer Catholic Church.

Allow me to be the first to welcome you back

You have achieved a major milestone in your spiritual journey just by actively considering a return to our wonderful Church. You have said "Yes!" to that "something" that got you here.

I know how it feels. I didn't know what to expect upon my return. Would I be welcome? Would I be admitted? Would I have to go through some sort of special ceremony to be considered as a full member of the Church? It had been so long! So many things happened throughout the years... Confession? It would take hours...

But because of my "Yes!" to God I had no choice. At that point I knew - really knew - that nothing would keep me away from the intimate embrace of Jesus Himself in the form of the Eucharist. Oh what an embrace it was!

By the grace of God I've had the chance to accompany many in their journey back. That's what Catholics Returning Home is all about. It is about finding out together how to respond to God's call after all these years.

I pray first, that God gives you the grace to know His love for your; and second that we can be helpful companions in your journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment